Powered by the Aurora2 Optical Processing Unit (OPU) reaching a maximum capacity of 1500 TeraOPS at 30 W TDP (non-linear Random Projections), LightOn Appliance is the most advanced photonic AI/HPC co-processor on the market today.
LightOn Appliance enables Machine Learning at scale. By harnessing the unique capabilities of photonics is able to perform truly massively parallel computations, where million-size vectors can be processed at once.
LightOn Appliance is the first commercial photonic co-processor built upon a non-von Neumann computing paradigm. LightOn Appliance leverages photonics to process large-scale generic data into information-revealing “sketches”. This opens new avenues ranging from fundamental concepts in mathematics and machine learning to alleviating excruciating bottlenecks in production for data science, HPC, and AI alike.
Max Input size: 1 million (1 039 680) 1-bit
Max Output size: 2 million (2 267 392) 8-bit
Peak batch-mode performance (non-linear RPs): 50 TOPS/W* (up to 1 900 dense matrix-vector multiplications per second)
Peak batch-mode performance (linear RPs): 10 TOPS/W* (up to 360 dense matrix-vector multiplications per second)
Frameworks compatibility: PyTorch 1.0+, scikit-learn
Peak TDP: 30 W
Server link: External PCIe Gen2 x4
Form factor: 2U
Power supply: 125/250V 50/60Hz
*Future updates will improve performance
All prices are VAT exclusive. Pre-order deposit payment corresponds to the amount of the initial 12-month lease. By placing your pre-order deposit payment you have established priority for leasing the LightOn Appliance when it will become available. See the full Terms and Conditions for the pre-orders here. Expected lead time: 2 months.
Included in all leasing plans:
- A LightOn Appliance with all the required connections ready to be installed (external PCIe cable, PCIe Gen2 x4 board, and power adapter are included)
- The service charge for the leased equipment, including:
- Remote support
- Servicing of the leased equipment
- New firmware and software upgrades, while also extending functionality, improving performance, stability, and security
Available upon request:
- Pre-configured workstations with OPU, CPU, and GPU
- Installation support (HW and SW)
- Different paying arrangements (contact us to design the plan that fits your needs)
- Customized hands-on training workshops
Pre-order a LightOn Appliance or request more information by completing the following form. We will contact you shortly.